UEFI News and Commentary

Monday, March 26, 2012

UEFI Plugfest In May Will Feature ARM & Secure Boot

UEFI just sent me the flyer for the May plug-fest in Taipei, hosted by Phoenix Technologies and UEFI. The last two were hosted by Insyde out at the Holiday Inn. This one is being held at the Sunworld Dynasty Hotel in Taipei. I can't remember if I've been there before, but the pictures make it look nice. Interesting will be a presentation about UEFI on ARM, presented by ARM Holdings itself. ARM has been really active this past couple years, and has dedicated resources improving the TianoCore.org sample implementation of UEFI.

Then there will be stuff on getting Secure Boot set up correctly during PC manufacturing and something about firmware security holes (which I'm guessing will be an update to what Microsoft talked about at the February plugfest, although I haven't heard). I'll be there in a supporting role.

No comments: